In this world of technology, The terms web design and web development are not strange anymore. Although there may be some overlap between the two, design and development are two distinct areas that need separate skill sets. If you’re strictly speaking about the general concepts of web design vs web development. Let’s jump into this blog and you will have a clear understanding of each role. It’s possible to study a specific aspect of design, development or another computing area in more depth through a Masters degree, which usually consists of taught modules and project work. Alternatively, if you want to gain a further qualification while working, a Knowledge Transfer Partnership might suit you.
Some restrictions on optional module choice or combinations of optional modules may apply. Employability simulates, as accurately as possible, what it’s like to work in a given Computer Science specialism. You will be introduced to the ‘world of work’ via a simulated work environment, as part of a team representing a fictional company, but which need to produce real products or engage in realistic work-related activities.
When it comes to deciding on keyboards and touchscreens, it’s really based on preference. If you prefer a stylus-based system, several Microsoft tablet-style laptops fit the bill. They include the Microsoft Surface Pen, which gives you control over the finer details—just like using a pencil.
- Wednesday afternoons are normally reserved for sports and cultural activities.
- With the increasing demand for workers to be skilled in cyber and digital technologies, this course provides you with the basic skills to progress in this ever-growing sector.
- There are more designers than developers, and coding, in general, is a highly sought-after ability, which is most likely the main reason for this imbalance.
- Many companies only consider security on their application as part of the assurance process after their software has been entirely created towards the end of the software developed lifecycle.
- Wider Legal, Ethical, Social and Professional implications will be examined to enable you to appreciate the responsibilities involved in the development and use of computer products both in work and throughout society.
You just need to get some advanced programs and designs to transform your current website into a more responsive one. With the fluid layouts, your layouts boutiqueuggofr.com resize when the window size changes. So instead of using the standard fixed pixel width, this new approach defines areas of your page using percentages.
Mobile Applications and Games Development
Successfully completing an accredited honours degree is the first step to full BCS membership and to being awarded chartered status. Study how to design and develop websites and apps, creating the engaging content that has become part of our everyday lives. Immerse yourself in technology on a degree accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. Regardless of which career you pursue after Keele, employers will want evidence of the range of skills and personal qualities you possess and which are required for the job. Your degree is clearly important in this respect but don’t forget the extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility, jobs and voluntary work you may have been engaged in while studying at Keele.